Sunday, January 29, 2006

Feddy Gets My Mojo Going


Roger Federer, you're my hero. Even though Dad said after Marcos Baghdatis took the first set in the Australian Open final that he thought the dude from Cypress might win the match, I never lost faith -- the match reminded me of the U.S. Open final when you tightened up after going down to Andre Agassi, got the wake-up call, then played with your usual brilliance to bag the championship. This isn't the pre-2004 Roger Federer who never lived up to his potential.

In other sports news, Sara emailed to tell me that our soccer team won our first match of the season (after two unnnecessary losses, close games). How did she know that I was wondering about the outcome of the match I missed? I'm such a nerd.

I'm up at 6.20am because I crashed right after we got home from dinner at Uncle Eddie's. It's less jet lag than catching up on sleep I've lost on the plane, I think. I hope. Again, Uncle Rob cooked, and we ate:

- Yu sang (a cornucopia of various shredded vegetables and fried wonton pieces tossed by everyone in plum sauce as we call out auspicious greetings to one another)
- Lobster in a spicy chilli sauce
- Crab in the same sauce
- Grilled salmon
- Shrimp tempura
-Vegetables with scallops
- Braised pork's feet (mmm! Mom's contribution)
- Beef rendang (a type of Malay curry; again, from Mom)
- Chicken curry (once more, courtesy of Momma)

Mmm! Mmm! Good!

I haven't weighed myself since I got home but my growing gut tells me a true story. I'm going to go back to bed and try squeeze in a run by the beach before brunch at Grandma's.

No comments: